Castle In Galway - Cloghan Castle Galway

Cloghan Castle Galway main

Cloghan Castle is an exclusive, self catering venue which is ideal for that fairytale wedding reception, birthday party, family reunion or special event in the rolling hills near Galway in the West of Ireland.

Cloghan Castle is rented .... Continue Reading >>

Castle In Galway - Abbeyglen Castle Hotel Galway

Castle In Galway - Lough Cutra Galway

Lough Cutra main
Welcome to Lough Cutra Castle

Welcome to Lough Cutra Castle, we are located on the shores of Lough Cutra, our very own private lake. Just a short distance from Galway City and conveniently located to Shannon International Airport. We can host any event you wan .... Continue Reading >>

Castle In Galway - Ballynahinch Castle Hotel Galway

Ballynahinch Castle Hotel Galway Main

Ballynahinch Castle Hotel is one of the finest 4 star luxury castle hotels in Ireland. Set in a private 450 acre estate of woodland, rivers and walks in the heart of Connemara Co. Galway. This luxury, yet u .... Continue Reading >>

Castle In Galway - Carraigin Castle Galway

Carraigin Castle Galway Main
A Fortified Galway hall-house of circa 1300 AD
For 700 years, Carraigin Castle has been a landmark on the eastern shore of Lough Corrib. In recent years, this castle has been authentically restored to its former glory using the same materials and techniques as the original thirteenth-century builders. Modern comforts have been incorporated without detracting from the charm and simple grandeur of this ancient dwelling, a rare and beautiful example of the medieval “hall house”.

Surrounded by seven acres of lawns, woodland and meadows, it i .... Continue Reading >>

Castle In Galway - Ross Castle County Galway


Ross Castle was built in 1590 by Robert Martin whose family was one of the “Tribes” from Galway City.  He was the first of the tribes to build a home outside the walls of the city and it became known as “The ancient home of the Martins of Ross”.  In 1770 a fire destroyed much of the interior of the castle as well as the roof.  A Georgian roof replaced the original one but the outside walls remained intact and are from 1590.  In the 1770s a wing was added to the castle which housed the stables, couches and living quarters for staff.  The other buildings in the courtyard which is square shaped were built in 1590 and 1670. 
In 1985 t .... Continue Reading >>